When I first got the travel bug, I was clueless when it came to where and what to eat. So clueless that I often wound up eating at fast food chains in some of Europe’s most exciting culinary capitals.
DON’T TELL ANYONE BUT…
I even ate LE CROQUE McDo in Paris!
Le Croque McDo is McDonald’s answer to the otherwise delicious Croque Monsieur sandwich; a mind-blowing combination of ham and cheese with velvety béchamel oozing out all over the place.
Trust me when I tell you the only thing these two sandwiches have in common is the word ‘croque’.
I’ve come a long way since those early days! 🙂
Since then, I’ve:
- Cooked with a Contessa in a beautiful Italian palazzo.
- Judged a National food competition – the Canadian Culinary Championships.
- Eaten cicchetti with local fishermen in a bacaro in Venice.
- Taken cooking classes at the same school where Julia Child perfected her craft.
- Earned my certification as a Culinary Travel Professional.
- Hunted for truffles in the Tuscan countryside.
- Used a molcajete in the Baja to make authentic salsa.
- Devoured insanely creative tapas at a Michelin-starred restaurant in Spain.
- Been accepted as a member of the World Gourmet Society.
- Learned how to make haute cuisine at an incredible cooking school deep below the luxurious Ritz Paris.
- And so much more!
I want to help you up your food travel game too!
Here at The Culinary Travel Guide, I share plenty of tips and inspiration to help you on your own quest to find the best food (and food experiences) when you travel!
Laura, The Culinary Travel Guide