EXPERIENCING THE WORLD,
ONE BITE & DRINK AT A TIME
We are a community of everyday adventurers with a love of travel and exploring cultures through restaurants, bars, and pubs in the U.S. and around the world.
Come along with us. We will be your guides so that you can have the best time wherever you go and whatever you’re eating and drinking.
ON A MISSION
Since then, I’ve gone on to become a certified Culinary Travel Professional (CCTP), and I’ve had some amazing food experiences all over the world, like:
- Cooking with a Contessa in a beautiful Italian palazzo.
- Judging a National food competition – the Canadian Culinary Championships.
- Eating cicchetti with local fishermen in a bacaro in Venice.
- Taking cooking classes at the same school where Julia Child perfected her craft.
- Hunting for truffles in the Tuscan countryside.
- Using a molcajete in the Baja to make regional salsas.
- Devouring insanely creative tapas at a Michelin-starred restaurant in Spain.
- Being accepted as a member of the World Gourmet Society.
- And so much more!
Now I’m on a mission to help you do the same. No more fast food chains for me – or you! My meticulously planned self-guided food walks and mini travel guides are designed to help you experience the highlights of a local cuisine in a short period of time – whether you’re on a stopover, layover, pre or post cruise extension, shore excursion, or weekend getaway.
I also share recipes collected on my travels, along with my best travel tips, of the moment travel news, inspiring stories, interviews, and gorgeous galleries.
Laura, I love your blog. The content, layout, recipes and travel articles are beautiful and useful. You have a way of sifting through information and offering the most essential culinary travel tips. Your site is useful and fun to read. I am looking forward to going on one of your self-guided food tours soon.
I took the Rome food tour in October 2017. So glad I did! I visited places that I would never have known about. The pasticceria was a highlight (I love tiramisu), as was the rooftop bar. The tour instructions were very clear, and I liked how I was able to go at my own pace, and not be rushed. I timed it so that I ended up at the rooftop bar for a spectacular sunset. .
Great review, thanks! And loved the breakdown so we know what to expect on our visit there in June. Managed to get a booking thanks to the tips as well.