Nov 26, 2020 Update: Please note we have put guest posts temporarily on hold. We are not accepting any new submissions at this time.
Share Your Food and Travel Expertise
If you are an aspiring travel writer or blogger who writes high-quality posts filled with practical travel advice – and you’d like to be featured on one of the top culinary travel blogs on the web – then you’re in the right place!
What We’re Hungry For
- New York City
- Las Vegas
- Destination Specific Food Guides
- Self-Guided Food-Focused Walking Tours
- Restaurant Guides and Reviews
- Top Food Experiences in “X”
- What to Eat in “X” and Where to Eat It
- Unmissable Street Food in “X” and Where to Find It
- The Best Food Markets in “X”
- Understanding Food Customs and Culture in “X”
- Great Cooking Classes in “X”
- The Best Food Tour in “X”
For examples of the types of posts we love to host on The Culinary Travel Guide, check out our Eataly Rome Guide, this review of Tickets Restaurant in Barcelona, and this Insider’s Guide to the Classic Flavors of Catalonia. We’re also huge fans of self-guided walking tours for foodies, like our Rome Food Tour, which you can read here.
GUIDELINES FOR GUEST POSTS
- Posts must be related to food travel.
- Posts must be a minimum of 1500 words.
- All submissions must be 100% unique. We do check for this so please don’t waste time submitting previously published content.
- Structure your posts into short paragraphs with headings and sub-titles (mostly H2 and H3 tags).
- Be sure to include a short bio to introduce yourself to our readers. (An author’s bio is a strong trust signal for Google.) Please include a photo of yourself, a link to your website if you have one, and links to your Facebook and Twitter accounts.
- Feel free to include one link within the body of your guest post that links back to a non-competing post on your travel blog. This link should lead to relevant, good quality content.
- If you have high-quality, relevant, high-res photos, please include them. All photos should be at least 1200px wide. Don’t worry if you don’t have photos. (We know not every great writer is a great photographer.) We can usually source copyright-free images.
- We’re looking for SEO-optimized content. That means every post must have a focus keyword. We can help with this but you should have a topic or keyword in mind before you start writing. If there isn’t considerable search volume for your idea, we may ask you to choose a different focus.
- Write about what you know and write about the places you’ve been. We’re looking for insider tips, local expertise, and first-hand knowledge that highlights the local cuisine and culture.
- Posts must be well-researched and filled with useful information. We’re looking for in-depth content that will help our readers experience the highlights of a local cuisine in a short period of time. Put yourself in the readers’ shoes and be the answer to their questions.
- Write with our audience in mind. The Culinary Travel Guide exists to help busy prime-time women (over 40) find the best local food, along with the best local food experiences, when they travel. Our readers have outgrown hostels, enjoy a little luxury, and will splurge on once-in-a-lifetime experiences.
submit your guest post
Pitch us your food-related travel story ideas.
We read every submission and respond within 14 business days.
By submitting your post, you’re granting us editing rights, if necessary. We also reserve the right to add affiliate links, additional internal and external links, and modify headings and content to include high-performing keywords. pitch us!
Note: This opportunity is for travel bloggers and aspiring travel writers only. If you’re an SEO service, for-profit business or affiliate, please contact us to discuss our guidelines and rates for sponsored content.
*This is not a paid opportunity.